This delicious and creamy Breadfruit Soup is very easy to make. Breadfruit is the perfect side dish for latin food, either boiled or made into fried tostones. Not many people know that, on its own, it can be enjoyed as the main ingredient to a soup. We invite you to buy Mi Cosecha’s Breadfruit Chunks and treat yourself to this great recipe.
- 2 cups of Mi Cosecha’s Breadfruit Chunks, boiled and mashed
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped in small pieces
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of light cream (half and half)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Cook Mi Cosecha’s Breadfruit Chunks in salted boiling water, as indicated on the package. (Around 30 minutes)
- Drain and mash the breadfruit until you get a consistency similar to mashed potatoes.
- In a pot, melt the butter and add the butter and minced garlic. Cook on medium heat until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the chicken broth and mashed breadfruit to the pot.
- Cover ad cook in medium low hit, moving frequently until headed through and the soup starts to thicken.
- Add the light cream a little at a time, staring constantly until you get a creamy and soft consistency.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, garnish with fresh Cilantro and enjoy.