The breadfruit (pana) is not only tasty, but it is also very nutritious. In addition to having various medicinal uses, breadfruit contains large amounts of vitamins and minerals. This is a fruit that everyone should try and integrate into their diet. It is very versatile in its preparation since it can be eaten boiled, fried in plantains, mashed to create fried foods, in soups, as a side or an appetizer. However it is served, breadfruit is still a spectacular delicacy.
In addition to its versatility in cooking and its great taste, corduroy provides nutritional benefits, such as potassium, antioxidants, fiber, isoflavonoids, phytonutrients, and minerals. It also contains vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, niacin, folic acid, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and manganese. On the other hand, the high content of vitamin C helps to absorb iron more easily.
Breadfruit is high in potassium, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure. This is so since one of the purposes of potassium is to keep the sodium levels in our body normalized. It also helps keep electrolyte levels in balance. Both functions help prevent high blood pressure, thus reducing the risk of a heart attack or other heart problems.
Breadfruit is a fruit with a high content of antioxidants that delay the aging process of the skin, and also keep it moisturized and protected. Its antioxidants also protect vision and are useful in cases of cataracts. In addition, its high content of antioxidants and flavonoids make it a great prevention food against cancer. Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals that generate cellular oxidation prior to the development of cancer cells. In addition, corduroy contains fatty acids that help eliminate the effect of toxins in the colon, preventing cancer in that area.
- The extract of the breadfruit root is used to cure diarrhea and control fever.
- Helps the respiratory system in patients with asthma.
- Protects the immune system thanks to its contribution of vitamin C
- breadfruit contains fiber in addition to laxative properties that help with digestion and prevent constipation.
- Regarding the health of the eye, breadfruit provides vitamin A, which contributes to the health of the eyes and in its protection against the degeneration of the retina.
- The high levels of calcium, contained in breadfruit, help promote bone and joint health, and prevent osteoporosis.